Imaginación y Creatividad aplicada a los nuevos Negocios 2.0
Check your Software Updates! Mac OS X 10.6.3 update has been released and is recommended to install for all Mac OS X Snow Leopard users.
The amount of fixes is pretty substantial, here’s the main list provided in the Software Update panel:
* improve the reliability and compatibility of QuickTime X
* address compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
* address an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail
* resolve an issue that prevented files with the # or & characters in their names from opening in Rosetta applications
* resolve an issue that prevented files from copying to Windows file servers
* improve performance of Logic Pro 9 and Main Stage 2 when running in 64-bit mode
* improve sleep and wake reliability when using Bonjour wake on demand
* address a color issue in iMovie with HD content
* improve printing reliability
* resolve issues with recurring events in iCal when connected to an Exchange server
* improve the reliability of 3rd party USB input devices
* fix glowing, stuck, or dark pixels when viewing video from the iMac (Late 2009) built-in iSight camera
Looking through the full list of improvements I noticed a couple of Airport updates:
* general reliability for wireless connections.
* improvements to 802.1X reliability, including closed network connections, and WPA2.
These really caught my eye since there’s been a sizable amount of people (including myself and other OS X Daily writers) that have had various problems with Snow Leopard and wireless connectivity. I’m hoping these will help fix the dropped wireless connection problems in Snow Leopard completely.
You can see the full improvement and bug fix list at Apple.com’s 10.6.3 knowledge base article.
Posted by: Bill Ellis
Switch to our mobile site